Revision as of 16:11, 20 May 2019 by Dletarte
Name: Dominic Letarte
Stage 1a - FOSS Anatomy
- Roles for students: Writing API documentation, Testing and potentially fixing bug. All roles allows students to get used to work with code they did write themselves and to work in bigger systems. Writing API documentation can be part of fulfilling writing intensive requirements.
- Latest commit: April 30, 2019
commit 525bf888c06136dc24481e9c1d5bc71a75252422 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Author: James Cameron <email@example.com> Date: Wed May 1 13:01:43 2019 +1000 Docs - Fedora 30 Thomas Gilliard says the instructions are missing, need to be updated, and too complicated. http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2019-April/056784.html
Sahana Eden Project
Information management system for disaster and humanitarian aid management
- Commonalities: the roles for involvement are similar as for Sugar but the processes are not as strictly defined. Sugar have policies and plans for releases while Eden have an issue tracker where discussion happen and code changes are proposed via pull requests.
- Latest commit: May 2, 2019
commit 008faeebda5cbca3a547379853c20471618bd577 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Author: Dominic König <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Thu May 2 21:25:52 2019 +0200 BR: option to show end-date of case activities
Stage 1b - Intro to FOSS - Github
- As of May 20, 2019 11:48AM Github is reporting 27,833 repositories for the term "education".
- The more recently updated was vincentrodriguez/signals-visualisation (Updated a minute ago).
- The least recently updated was drongous/ems (Updated on Jun 4, 2008).
- The more active repo (more stars) is freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp
- 303k stars.
- 227 open issues and 13334 closed issues
- Insight tab show graph of acitivity in the repo.
- Commit tab in insight show a graph with the number of commit by week for the last year. For freeCodeCamp the number of commit have increased from less than 40 a week to more than 100 a week starting in last October.
- As of May 20, 2019 12:07PM Github is reporting 506 repositories for the term "humanitarian".
- have 178 stars.
- use C#
- Last updated on Oct 24, 2018
- The term "disaster management" have 473 repository results.